I took my Monday’s coffee with the best read ever! Tom Lounibos, our fearless leader, announced internally a fantastic news to all SOASTA employees. We all knew this was in the work but it feels so good to finally be able to announce it to the world! We’re announcing today a $12 million round of funding! How about that for a Christmas’ present?
It does wrap up a FANTASTIC year for SOASTA:
- In 2011, SOASTA’s customer base topped 3,000, including six of the top 10 retailers and well-known leaders in the financial services, media, telecommunications, consumer packaged goods, and technology industries.
- SOASTA’s Global Test Cloud expanded dramatically in 2011 to support generating load from across the world, including U.S., Canada, China, UK, Germany, Amsterdam, Ireland, Dubai, Switzerland, Australia, Singapore, Japan and Hong Kong
- SOASTA delivered its first free edition in 2011, CloudTest Lite, which offers functional testing and performance testing for up to 100 virtual users at no cost.
- The company was awarded a patent on CloudTest’s innovative visual test creation environment, which delivers a familiar GarageBand-style process for building complex performance and functional tests in a fraction of the time.
- SOASTA was named one of the “Top 50 Venture-Backed Companies” by The Wall Street Journal, one of the OnDemand top 100 emerging Internet companies by AlwaysOn, and one of the “10 Emerging Cloud Vendors You Need to Know” by CRN.
This new round of funding is a clear indication that the company is on the right tracks, ready to take the world of software testing to the next level. And unless you’ve been living in a dark cave this last year, it means MOBILE testing. I’ve been lucky to see some internal demo of what’s coming next from our engineering team and it blew my mind. Literally. SOASTA has been disrupting the load and performance testing world ever since 2008 with the introduction of Cloud Testing … What’s coming next for mobile is at least as big! Stay tuned …
Other noteworthy news under my Christmas tree?
- We’ve announced a partnership with AppDynamic. It results in the integration of the AppDynamics real-time application monitoring solution with our CloudTest Platform. It allows you to quickly set up and run full-scale performance tests of production systems using CloudTest with Java and .NET performance analytics collected through AppDynamics. Real-Time testing and production monitoring converge! We’ve ran a VERY successful webinar a couple of weeks ago which goes through the new possibilities this partnership offers. Check it out!
- Speaking of monitoring, users of CloudTest Lite can now monitor datasources from CloudWatch and NewRelic. How cool is that?
- Closer to home, we’ve opened up a new SOASTA office in the UK! Windsor here we come!
- On a more personal note, I’m celebrating my first anniversary with SOASTA this month. As you can imagine, I couldn’t be happier!
Wow, this is only Monday and so much adrenaline already!